Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just as I thought...

Anna had her first field trip of the year to a pumpkin farm. It was super fun to get to know all of her classmates and lots of the other moms. We had donuts and cider, went on a hayride, picked out pumpkins (this is Anna with the ones she picked out for both of us), and pet (and tried really hard not to chase and terrorize) the farm animals.
And I found out Anna's reputation at preschool. ALL of the co-op moms came up to me at one point with an Anna story. The moms were very sweet and said how adorable she is, how fun she is, what a "leader" she is (I'm starting to think this is a euphemism...) . Thankfully, no one seemed irritated or afraid their child was being pushed around. In fact, the consensus is that she is not at all mean (phew!). The teacher rode in our car, and told me that if she needs an answer to a question, she always looks to Anna: Anna always has an answer. A few stories the other mom's relayed:
Anna and a little girl and a little boy were all playing that they had pets they were
taking to a party. They were getting ready to go to the "party" and Anna stopped the little boy. "Wait a minute! You don't look presentable!", whipped out the play brush and brushed his hair, (can you believe he let her?!) and then said, "Ok, now we're ready."
During the first week of school, it was beautiful and sunny and the teacher announced that they were going to play outside. Anna raised her hand and said, "But Mrs. ___, I am allergic to the sun."

At the pumpkin farm today, they were gathering all the children for a group photo. Anna was the one rounding them all up and saying, "Ok, everyone we are going to say 'Pumpkins!' Ready?" and all the kids said, "Pumpkins!" I can't believe they listen to her.
Several moms said their child LOVED Anna and talked about her all the time. Where does she get this charisma and spunk?!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love this picture! It is so super-cute!