Friday, May 15, 2009

Why I'm Not Quitting My Day (or Night) Job

Anna just came up to me five minutes ago as I was folding clothes and out of the blue said, "You know what I want to be when I grow up?  A mom."

"Really, honey?"

"Yes.  A mom just like you."

And put her still chubby little arms around my neck and said "I love you."  






2 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe a bit neurotic, but impeccable timing! :) On your other post, I nearly cried when you were talking about being a mom and the challenges and failures and such. Well put. I just pray our kids grow up knowing we loved them like crazy and did the best we could. And that they have a lot of grace. :) Love you!

Amanda said...

And, in keeping with the them of neuroses, I could have worded that first sentence better. I should have said something like, "She may be a bit neurotic, but that girl has impeccable timing!" That would have sounded much better. The first attempt just didn't "feel right." :)