
Why keep a blog if I can't brag about my kid a little?! Molly brought this essay home from school that she had written, and I was impressed. I'm putting it in this space without alterations of my own - copied word for word, spelling and punctuation too. She did not receive any help from us at all. It's interesting to see how Molly views things that I've written about too. I think she might have a future as a writer!
All About Me
by Molly
My name is Molly Kathryn Rozelle. I was born on September 1st, 1998, in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Good Samaritan Hospital. I was a premature baby, born 3 months early. I am the oldest child in my family. My sister Anna is four years old. My parent's names are Jeffrey and Tiffany. My mom was born in Illinois, and my dad was born in Ohio. My sister was born in Cincinnati, too, but when she was a little baby, my family moved to Michigan. We moved to Michigan when I was six years old. My dad is a graduate student at MSU, and my mom takes online classes at Washington State University. I'm in the 5th grade, at ---- Elementary. My sister goes to ----for preschool. I have one guppy named Cathy.
I like many things, and a lot of them involve music. I have been playing the violin since kindergarten. I take violin lessons at----. I take choir there too. My choir is ----. I also play soccer and basketball. I want to learn to play the piano. I used to go to Fairview German Language School, where we took German, once or twice a day.
I am going to tell about my first trip on an airplane. I was going to Washington D.C. with my family, to visit my Aunt Kristy, Uncle Mike, and their dog Howie. We drove about an hour and a half to the Detroit Airport. We went through security. My sister thought it was strange that we had to take our shoes off. Finally, we boarded the plane. I was crying*. Anna, was very excited. I sat next to my mom and a nice man, who told me I would know when we were about to take off because we would go really fast. After takeoff, I calmed down, while Anna, across the isle, chattered to my dad, while working on her Brainquest "learning book." I talked to my mom, did some mazes in my maze book, and listened to my iPod. In the middle, closer to the end, they served drinks and snacks. I thought it was strange that they served peanuts because they didn't ask if anyone was allergic. During the flight, there was turbulence. People swore, drinks spilled, and everyone who was sleeping woke up. My sister, however, laughed and said "This is fun. Do it again." A lot of people laughed, probably, because they wanted to laugh at something. I began to cry again at landing, and was very excited when my uncle came to meet us and we got on the Metro to go to their house.
*"crying" - perhaps "teary" would've been a better word from an outside perspective:)
also, photo credits to KristyMike Traylor:)
5 comments:
My heart is warmed! She is so sweet, and she does a great job. My favorite line was the one about the peanuts and not asking if anyone was allergic. :) I liked the last line, too. She ended on a great note.
"...probably because they wanted something to laugh at."
What great insight. Great job Molly!
Well she's already outsmarted half my students at college 1. Although Anna could do that too, I think, so it's not saying much.
My favorite part: "I thought it was strange that they served peanuts because they didn't ask if anyone was allergic. During the flight, there was turbulence. People swore, drinks spilled, and everyone who was sleeping woke up."
Tell Molly she can take my online composition class this summer at college 2. She'd be a welcome addition. :)
Molly appreciates the feedback. You each made her day by pointing out your favorite parts: whenever she shows us something she's created she asks ,"What 's your favorite part?"
It looks like she is ready for her own blog! :)
Post a Comment