There is no furniture in my home. Or children (they went to Courtney's so they don't have to suffer through the s-l-o-w drive out to NY or the unpacking with no buddies to run around with as they had for packing the truck.) No Jeff either - he's taking care of the bank and post office errands. When he gets home, the computer gets packed and it's officially the last thing, which means last post for awhile.
(An aside - just in case anyone is under the mistaken impression that I completely run the show, note that the computer was the last thing packed, and the COUCH, I kid you not, was the FIRST thing on the truck!)
The next time I write I'll be a resident of the state of New York (crazy!), and it will be the beginning of a new chapter for our family.
3 comments:
Awww. As I read this, I'm a bit sad. Neither of us are mid-westerners anymore. I loved the feeling of driving up on a Friday night, pulling into your parking lot, smelling fresh MI air and seeing your warm lights welcoming us to your home! I'll miss the cozy mornings together and the fun weekends doing life the Michigan way. My heart is a bit heavy, my throat a bit choked and my eyes a bit watery. I'm much sadder than I expected. It's the end of an era.
Me too. Last night I couldn't sleep as I thought about how uncomplicated and happy our life has been the last 4 years. I'm nervous about whether or not we're going to regret some of the lifestyle changes being made. But I hope you will enjoy pulling into our upstate NY driveway (You can smell the big pine tree next to the driveway when you get out of the car), still be welcomed by warm lights, have cozy mornings and fun weekends the upstate NY way....
I'm sure we'll feel the same way about upstate NY. OK, well maybe not exactly the same... But still good! Four of my favorite people in the world, northern weather, ya know, it will be great!
Post a Comment