Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 oz) can of chili beans you can control spicy factor by choosing mild or hot beans
1 (16 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained which I do not add - Jeff is completely adverse to corn mixed in things - something about reminding him of diapers he's changed...
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz) bottle of beer My favorite in this is Sam Adams Light. Light, because you have to be careful because the flavor does show up - also cuts calories if you are worried about that. Sam Adams because, I don't do Bud Light. I'm ok with being a beer snob.
2 (10 oz) cans tomatoes with green chilies again, hot or mild influences spiciness
1 pkg taco seasoning hot or mild - you get it
3 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts they don't even have to be thawed all the way
1. Place onions, beans, corn, tomatoes, sauce, beer in slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir. Lay chicken breasts on top and press down slightly to almost cover. Set slow cooker to low hear, cover, and cook 5 hours I've kept it in there longer, especially if I used partially thawed chicken, and it's been fine
2. Remove chicken breasts from soup and when cool enough to handle, shred or dice. Stir back into soup and continue to cook for 2 hours I've had it not be quite as long after shredding the chicken, and it was fine.
3. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips if desired.
Taken from Allrecipes.com 9/4/2008
No comments:
Post a Comment