Tuesday, April 13, 2010

But Not Coveting Any Husbands

My husband.  A man of many talents.  He can recite the contents of the Periodic Table of Elements, in order, at least though number 55, atomic masses and all.  He can recite all of the Presidents of the U.S., in order.  He can probably tell you who all the U.S. Senators and governors are.  He knows a ridiculous number of Supreme Court cases.  He is widely read.  He is an amazing teacher.  He has helped me gets A's in chemistry classes twice, and what's more astonishing, is that he actually made me interested in what I was learning.  He can haggle amazing deals at garage sales and with car salesman.  He is the one who handles any customer service representative in our family, including ones from insurance companies, because he is successful in those encounters.  He does our taxes. He is a great dad. A good son.  A good big brother. A faithful, kind, fun, husband. 

He hates housework.  Even the manly kind like mowing the lawn. He hates fixing things.  He says his thumbs don't work right.  

But he is a man who takes his responsibilities seriously.  He mows the lawn.  He cleans out the gutters.  He rakes the snow off the roof.  He fixes the leaky kitchen faucet.

He also loves his family.  Last weekend, he fixed the playhouse door.  Today, he built me a new gate for the picket fence.  He knew it was bugging me, and though this was a daunting task to him, he tackled it.  And he did a great job.

That means so much to me. I know he was dreading the task and he did it quite successfully. He's the best. And I can say this on a day that another man brought over gallons and gallons of  free ice cream to my house:)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Tell me about the man with the ice cream...

:)

Tashmica said...

So sweet!

P.S. Although your blog is my favorite way to keep up with you besides the obvious phone call or two, I am up with Theraflu and not stalking you at 1am. :)

Tiffany said...

Our neighbor works for an ice cream company and he came to our door yesterday with the question, "Do you guys like ice cream?" I delivered the obvious answer. He asked, "Do you want some - alot, actually? Do you like chocolate?" And I pinched myself and whaddya know, I wasn't dreaming! He brought over things like "Brownie Blitz" and "Death by Chocolate"and even those ice cream cones they sell at school cafeterias that kids spend all their extra money on, which is great because it will keep my kids out of the "Brownie Blitz" and leave more for me!

And I was just kind of complaining about the neighborhood. Shame on me. Now I really owe the Feys and invite!

Hope you feel better Tash!