The phrase just shouts "over 30!" doesn't it?
I am speaking of post high school studies, go around number ... who's counting? Not better as in "Gee, this is so much fun I could do it forever." Jeff is the only person I know who thinks this way. He is constantly plotting how to get back to being a student. And both of his careers have been in educational institutions.
What I mean is that I am better at being a student these days. I'll spare you all the boring details, but something amused me today when I recognized what was going on.
I was irritated that I will be turning a paper in on its due date, not before. As an old lady student, if I'm not early, I feel late. Drastic difference from kid student, who frequently stayed up long past midnight to turn in papers. But old lady student knows that Murphy's Law says that if a paper is due, a child will wake up that night puking their guts up. So old lady student makes allowances for such unforseen events.
Which really, upon reflection, leads to a more balanced life. I have not stayed up even until midnight any night this week, nor will I need to. I will finish the last touches tomorrow while Anna is at preschool, after she and I play outside tomorrow because it's supposed to be sunny and in the 60's! Also, you do recognize my elaborate justification of procrastination, don't you? Old lady student is much better at disguising procrastination than kid student.
1 comment:
Will you please come structure my life and make me an old lady too! Please. I promise to wear comfy shoes and drive slow :)
Post a Comment