Monday, September 20, 2010

A Decision of Her Own


Molly decided to get baptized this weekend. As a seventh grader, she had the option to be part of the confirmation class this year. They kick off the year with a retreat at a local hotel. It is tradition for the pastor to ask if any of the kids would like to be baptized. Molly and another friend stepped up. We got a call at 6 pm that this was going to take place at 7pm if we would like to come over to be there.

As a parent, you guide your children in the best way you know how, and the rest is up to them. The trick is not to interfere too much or be involved too little. I'm not sure we've threaded that needle well, but Jeff and I were so happy to be there to watch Molly, with her friends, youth leaders, and pastor, say that she has decided for herself to follow Christ.

On another note, I find it an absolutely amazing thing that Jeff and I have finally found a church, after all of these years, that we feel is the perfect place for our children to figure out their faith.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you guys have done a great job "threading that needle." I admire your parenting so much. Hooray for Molly and hooray for finding a church you love!

Tashmica said...

And the angels sing!!!!

Carly said...

wow. yeah for Molly (and mom and dad). That's just wonderful news :)