
I think. I'm not really a state fair expert. It's official name is "The Great New York State Fair." It does have all the super yummy and unhealthy foods one would expect. Fried dough is a big deal at this particular fair. Yes we sampled some. We also sampled maple cotton candy, chocolate milk, fried pickles, Jeff a Gianelli sausage sandwich, me a lobster roll, Molly an ice cream cone and fries, and Anna a corn dog (pictured above). We walked around all day. I think we cleared out our arteries;)

It has all the rides and games in triplicate. Though only one super enormous ferris wheel. Jeff and Anna are somewhere at the top. Yes, the day was perfect. Never got much above 70 degrees.

Anna protested going on several rides, but was just fine with the ferris wheel. Jeff was more nervous than she was.

Molly's on those really big swings - about the middle in a pink sweatshirt and bright pink shorts.

Molly is really good at this bungee jumping thing. It's her favorite and she has insisted on it two years in a row.
Jeff doesn't like the fair. It has something to do with how much money we spend. The kids love it, though. We pass the Fairgrounds often, and it is not uncommon for Anna to ask, even if there are piles of snow everywhere, "When is the Fair?" I told Jeff that this is one of the few cultural traditions Americans can claim as our own. You would think as much as he loves all things fried that he would embrace this part of Americana. I don't think he ever saw the terrible musical (from which I ripped off the song lyrics that gave this post its name). It goes back to the money I think.
Anyway, once the Fair is over, summer is over in New York. So it's a good way to say good-bye to what was a wonderful Upstate New York summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment