And I have my annual case of back-to-school vertigo. Do you get it or are you one of those people who functions better on a schedule? I am dizzily fumbling around wondering why I can't get much done. This will go on for at least two weeks. I am convinced it's caused by a virus contained in those brightly colored pieces of paper the kids bring home that "you have to read, Mom." And half of them, sign. Really, I have to get a babysitter for two open houses next week? Um, when I have a babysitter I want to go do something fun. I don't want to pay someone 10 bucks an hour so that I can hear about "curriculum and expectations for this year" but, "not to discuss (my) child's individual needs." Why do we need to shield our children from curriculum and expectations for the year? I would refuse to read or sign the colored papers, but I'm afraid the consequence would be swine flu.
I'll eventually get used to the disorientation. Things won't stop spinning, but we'll figure out how to navigate. There hasn't been a school year we haven't made it through. Yet.
I'll eventually get used to the disorientation. Things won't stop spinning, but we'll figure out how to navigate. There hasn't been a school year we haven't made it through. Yet.
2 comments:
I feel it Tiff, and I only have a kindergartener! I have days where I think I'm getting a handle on it, followed by days like today where my head is still spinning.
Soccer starts tomorrow....I think I am going to run away and become a carni. It might be easier. lol
Post a Comment