Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stay in School, Kids

I received what was, for me, some very bad news.

I have to take one more class than I thought. "Oh, no big deal," you say. You better not have said it. That throws off all of the plans I have been working on concerning graduation, job, paying off loans - I am SO close. So close, yet so far.

My always rational Jeff tried to talk me down last night, but this morning I'm all irritated again. Any of my friends who have been stay at home moms and are done having babies are at this very moment snagging their dream appointments. I am proud of them, thrilled for them. I am, however, feeling really sorry for me.

This is vent space. Yes I am being a big whiny baby. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that... I know, I know. Please don't talk about God having a plan because I purposely did not invite Him to this pity party because He would bring all those people with Him who really do have something to cry about. And He'd look at me like, "I'm supposed to do your bidding? Who created the Universe? And who didn't finish college while she was still young?" At least I think that's what would happen. I mean, this glitch in my life is so insignificant that there will be no cosmic reverberations felt anywhere by anyone else.

Ok, that party just got shut down. I'll move on to adjusting my attitude and putting my shoulder to the wheel and all that productive, rational stuff.




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Tiff. Bummer. I'm sorry. That stinks. And I totally think you get time and space to grump about it. Just file it under that "Every change is loss and you have to mourn that loss" category. You're losing your "plan." I have a little commentary on "God has a plan" too, if you want it somewhere else. :)

Tiffany said...

love to:)

Carly said...

No, no big deal, my a**.

That just stinks! really, really stinks. I am proud of you! I took out massive loans to get it donw before kiddos... massive... you're doing this the smarter way?! And it sucks... I'm sorry you have to "keep running".