As I was putting Anna to bed tonight, she noticed for the first time that I have a spot of discoloration on one of my front teeth. "What's that, Mama?" she asked. I told her it was just a spot that was on that tooth ever since it came in when I was a kid. "Do I have one?" she asked. I assured her that she didn't. "Who else has one?" she persisted. "Aunt Kelly and I think Aunt Kristy might too." For some reason, this was fascinating her. "Does Molly?" I told her that yes, Molly did too. "Will I have one when my big teeth come in?"
Thinking that I was reassuring her that she would not get this hereditary flaw I answered,"Oh, you probably won't since you tend to take after Daddy's side of the family with things like that."
A wail. "But Mama, I want to have a spot on my tooth like you do too!"
No comments:
Post a Comment