I had to be greedy and try for another mothering victory today. The Family Fun website gave tips and recipes for hiding vegetables. I made Spaghetti Lasagne with confidence. I was duped by Family Fun. Molly spotted those little veggies sticking out of the cheese (and started complaining about them) before she even sat down. Anna followed suite.
My strategy: win big or lose big - all or nothing. I said, "If you absolutely clear your plate and eat every last vegetable, no exceptions, I will make you an enormous sundae with all the trimmings and serve it in the fancy china bowls. If you do not, you get nothing. One little broccoli left on your plate - nothing."
Gigantic ice cream sundaes went to both girls, in the china bowls. With chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. Question: does the benefit of eating all the veggies trump the huge dessert? A loss or a win?
I'm in the mood to win. It was a win. Ice cream in the end is always a win.
2 comments:
I love it. Just love it!
Charlotte asked for "Jai HOOOOO" in the car yesterday, I was equally as surprised and excited!!
Post a Comment