Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back

We took the "long way" home today. Meaning, not the thruway (I90). Instead, we took I86 through the Southern Tier then wove our way up through the Fingerlakes. We were amazed that it only took us 40 extra minutes at the most. Maybe because there was no snow this time?

Gorgeous. Have you been to Upstate NY (not counting I90 and Buffalo)? Rolling hills, crystal lakes, tumbling vineyards, carpets of wildflowers. Jeff kept saying, "Honey, even if this is longer, it's SO much better for my mental health!" Time passed pleasantly, especially since Grandpa let Molly and Anna borrow his portable DVD player:)

It felt good to be home. I resolved that I would call off going to the center tomorrow since I am a little behind on schoolwork, have make-up lessons to take Moll to, must weed the garden and tie up some bean and tomato plants that are getting big, and could build a house out of the mountain of laundry. You know, all the stuff that piles up and doesn't get done when you take time off.

And then I opened an e-mail with a specific assignment request from my "boss."

What to do? I was so looking forward to leisurely tackling my tasks tomorrow (many of them in my air-conditioned house as it will be at least 90 degrees again tomorrow.) I was going to let Jeff go in tomorrow to his real job that pays money that he hasn't been to in awhile. Jeff asked if I wanted to go in. I still haven't decided. I'm a volunteer, right? Why does it feel so important then?

All my hats don't always fit on my head at one time. Especially after a week and a half away.

No comments: