Thursday, April 16, 2009

All That I Can't Leave Behind


As spring is really starting to come to Michigan, Annie and I are packing in the playdates at all the great free places around our area.  It's one of the things that will be hard about leaving.  When I was scoping out Syracuse, I  do not recall seeing the amount of bike paths, parks, and gardens that we have here.  Today we were at Hawk Island Park, one of four absolutely fabulous county parks that offer not only huge, interesting playgrounds, but other activities like swimming, biking, hiking, grilling out, paddleboats, etc.  MSU has amazing gardens, our favorite being the Children's Garden, (perfect place for little girls to wander), horse barns where you can feed the horses, and there's always the not free but cheap and yummy Dairy Store.  We have a bike path right by our home too that leads to the soccer complex, aquatic center, and a small but nice playground.  I might be a good realtor for our area, huh? Seriously, somebody please tell me Syracuse has all these great things to offer!!!!
The other thing ... we have lots of different friends to go on playdates with.  It's hard to imagine new friends in a new place too.  Something that gives me hope: the friends we spent time with today, we just met this year.  

Hangin' out:)

Annie pushing her little friend on the swing

Big fun on the tire swing.  I don't know if Gweny liked it as much as Anna...

They are in the fire engine here.  Anna informed me that she was the "real" firefighter and Gweny was in training.  
They were so cute. 

No comments: