Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Art

The neighbor presented my girls with three very fancy new packs of sidewalk chalk with the excuse that Violet (the basset hound puppy that belongs to her daughter) ate some of their old chalk.  My neighbor, sweetie that she is, simply wanted to buy my girls some cool new sidewalk chalk because she knows they love to draw on the sidewalks, and because I think my neighbor really wants to be a grandma to children and not just a basset hound puppy.  The eaten chalk has been through 2 summers and lots of drawing, and I'm sure the two pieces Violet found were discarded under the bush in front of our door that Violet loves to investigate.  

This is a masterpiece by Anna, in my opinion.  I'm taking a class currently, The Power of Art (a straggling Gen Ed class I had to get out of the way), that has increased my ability to identify good art. 
Good art, don't you think?
It will fade sooner than a Degas pastel, so I had to capture it on film and share it .

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love the art! Alex has discovered sidewalk chalk again this year and his drawing has become so much more elaborate that I can't wait to see what he does with his asphalt canvas.