Friday, April 17, 2009

Satan and Shindergardens

Molly and I got a good chuckle this morning.  There is a helium balloon still floating around our home that Anna received free at the grocery store the day after St. Patrick's day.  It almost floated right out the door on our way out (which I would've been fine with).  Anna shouted, "Oh no - the Satan Patrick's Day balloon!"  I initially squelched the urge to laugh but then Molly started giggling infectiously, and consequently I laughed too, explaining that "Satan" and "Saint" were entirely different words.  Though Satan might really inhabit that balloon, explaining why it's still floating around a month after being inflated.

Yesterday evening Molly had her first soccer practice of the season, and we pulled out the equipment that's been in the closet since fall.  Anna could not resist trying on the shin guards, since they are so fashionable, and checking herself out in the mirror.  When Molly put them on as they should be worn, Anna questioned, "Molly, why are your shindergardens on under your socks?" Which also elicited contagious giggles from Molly, and hence laughter from me.  

Good thing Anna has such self-confidence and doesn't mind a few giggles at her expense....

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Molly made an interesting comment I should add:
"Does she even know what Satan is?"
To which I do not have an answer. Maybe I'll ask. If so, I'll let you know...